[Resolved] Intermittent 504 errors

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Intermittent 504 errors

Home Forums Support Intermittent 504 errors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Laura

Hello –

I love the theme and you all have been very responsive to all questions. The site has some type of issue though. It goes ‘down’ for about an hour every so often. I get 504 timeouts with the following log: [24-Apr-2018 18:15:18 UTC] WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_py7pcnayhk_options WHERE option_name = ‘gd_system_multi_domain’ LIMIT 1 made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-load.php’), require_once(‘wp-config.php’), require_once(‘wp-settings.php’), include_once(‘/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin.php’), WPaaS\plugin, WPaaS\Plugin::load, WPaaS\Plugin->__construct, WPaaS\Change_Domain->__construct, WPaaS\Plugin::is_multi_domain_mode, get_option

It seems to happen most when I have made a bunch of changes in one day.
    I contacted my host, GoDaddy, and they said that they have seen similar issues with sites running GeneratePress. They feel the issue is not on their server end.

I am running the Pro version with the following things enabled:
    Page Header
    Menu Plus
    Disable Elements
    Colors
    Typography

When the site is down, I go into the database, change the theme to twentyseventeen and it comes right back up. Maybe I have some bad CSS? Please let me know if you have any experience with this issue. I am happy to pay for premium support/whatever. I just need to be able to provide a stable site.
    Thank you.
    Laura

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I contacted my host, GoDaddy, and they said that they have seen similar issues with sites running GeneratePress. They feel the issue is not on their server end.

Hmm, that’s strange. We’ve never seen any errors like this. I’m assuming your support agent didn’t have any ideas, so they reverted to the theme being an issue.

The error log is directly pointing to this plugin, which is in your wp-content/mu-plugins directory: gd-system-plugin.php

It might be worth trying a different support agent. GP itself doesn’t do anything special with MySQL. If they do believe it’s GeneratePress, more information from them would be useful.

Thanks!

Laura

Thanks Tom. I had a free plugin that looked suspicious. I have replaced it…and fingers crossed…have had no issues today. I will get back to you if there are ongoing issues, but I bet they are not to do with the theme. Had to ask though in case you knew of something.

Thanks, as usual, for your quick reply.

Laura

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – hopefully it stays away now ๐Ÿ™‚

Laura

Hi Tom –
    I wanted to give you an update so that it’s clear in the forum that this was NOT a GeneratePress issue. GoDaddy ended up saying there was ‘an issue with my database.’ Murky and suspicious…but resolved now after paying to have it fixed.
    Thanks again to you and Leo for the fast responses.
    Laura

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it resolved ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.