[Resolved] Interactive blocks or components

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Interactive blocks or components

Home Forums Support Interactive blocks or components

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Oswaldo

Hi. I am Elementor and purchased a license for GeneratePress last year. I GeneratePress and that the code is light weight without all the bloat Elementor adds. If I wanted to look for solutions to implement interactive components such as accordions that expand and collapse on click, Google Maps, Modals, hero sliders, etc., would these blocks or components have to be custom coded by me? I am a designer with some experience in web development but not enough to build my own WordPress plugin. I’d like to be able to know the limitations of GeneratePress and GenerateBlocks out of the box before I commit to using it for a specific project. Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If I wanted to look for solutions to implement interactive components such as accordions that expand and collapse on click, Google Maps, Modals, hero sliders, etc.,

There isn’t anything built-in in GP and GB for those options unfortunately – we try very hard to avoid the bloat you’ve mentioned.

I would recommend trying a few plugins for the features you are after and decide which ones work for you the best.

Oswaldo

Thanks, Leo. That makes sense. I try to stay away from including all these components in the projects I work in, but sometimes a client sees a feature from another website and they want it on their website too. Besides Elementor are there any interactive component plugins you found work pretty good in GP?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I don’t have any specific recommendations on this unfortunately.

GP should work well with any well-coded plugins that are built to WordPress themes.

I would recommend test a few options out there and see which one works for you the best.

Oswaldo

Hi Leo. Thank you for your suggestions. Yes, that makes sense. Depending on the project I’ll do more research to find out how to create these components.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Good luck with your projects!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.