[Support request] Installing WooCommerce messed up my layout?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Installing WooCommerce messed up my layout?

Home Forums Support Installing WooCommerce messed up my layout?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    unoaime

It added ALL my pages into my Menu. I changed the Menu back to primary and now there’s a massive gap. Also the footer has changed but can’t find anywhere to change it back. Argh even my logos disappeared now! So stressful 🙁

Just realised the page title/hero thing has reappeared on the home page also.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your site where i can see the issue?

unoaime

I have had to put the site into maintenance for now. I have managed to fix some of the styling issues but my menu is still a bit messed up. It’s going onto 2 lines when it was just one before WooCommerce changed it. My footer also says “created by GeneratePress” when before hand i just had a trustpilot link.

Details in private info.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems – below the reply field in this topic – there is a Private Information field where you can add the URL and a temporary Admin login. Only the GP support admins can see that and it will be deleted once the topic is resolved.

unoaime

Sorry yeah i edited my post after realizing. Details added in this post.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the menus being removed is a known bug when installing the latest version of woo – not sure why it does it but it does … but you have that fixed.

The other issues seem a little bizarre.

The logo you will need to update in Customizer > Site Identity.
    And the copyright in Customizer > Layout > Footer.

But before doing that i would recommend the following:

1. Ask your host to roll the site backup to before you installed Woocommerece.
    2. Ask the host to move the site to a Staging site, where you can make changes without affecting the live site.
    3. On the staging site, first update your plugins – several are out of date including GP Premium.
    4. Then disable any cache/otpimization plugins and install Woocommerce. Re-add your menus, and repair the logo and copyright IF required.

unoaime

Thank you ever so much for the quick reply.

I think I have managed to fix the logo itself and it’s only the menu itself (and social icons) stretching to two lines which is the issue now.

The host is a cheap one with quite limited features. They may have backups but I installed WooCommerce quite a while ago now, it’s only when i clicked the “Personalize store” in the setup wizard that messed stuff up. I’m not sure they’d sort a staging site for me and if they do it might take a long time as their support has been noticeably bad in the past.

I will update my plugins, cheers. Aside from that i just need to figure out how to get the menu items onto one line again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The site maintenance mode you have enabled wouldn’t allow me to view the front end of the site.
    If you can get most of the things fixed and then open the site up again i can quickly look at the issue and provide some assistance.

unoaime

Turned it off. The menu was all on one line and central to the whitespace and the picture (half and half).

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm… there isn’t enough space for the menu to fit without wrapping to two lines.
    Can you recall what has changed ? has the logo increased in size or the width of the header ?

unoaime

The logo disappeared when i did the WooCommerce “personalize store front” thing. I added the logo again, pretty sure it’s the same size as it’s what makes it fit where the picture comes in exactly half way between the two text lines. It must be the width then? It is extremely strange that WooCommerce would change that though. Even if i remove a menu item it till goes to two lines.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Peculiar – i can’t see how that would have aligned properly before.
    The only thing i can think of, is the Customizer > Layout > Header –> Inner Header Width was previously set to Full Width.

unoaime

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks it’s strange. 100% sure Inner Header Width wasn’t set to Full Width. It all fit within the width of the main content. I’ve even trawled through my elements to see if WooCommerce messed with them. I wish I had a screenshot to show you.

unoaime

I fixed it. I’m not sure how it worked though. I changed the menus display location and then put it back.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.