[Resolved] Installing site from library VS importing settings of existing site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Installing site from library VS importing settings of existing site

Home Forums Support Installing site from library VS importing settings of existing site

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ch1800

What would be the difference between installing the site XYZ from the library vs importing all of its settings from an existing site that uses the same demo site?

I just need to import all customizer settings + all elements from the existing site and not any demo pages from the library.
    Will the export-import process remove all existing customizer settings at the new site and replace them with the imported ones? (this is what I need)
    What about the Elements, is there a way to export-import them also?

I don’t want to import the site directly from the library because I redesign an existing site that already has several pages and posts ad prefer to use my settings from another similar site designed with the same demo layout.

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Export option will only export the theme settings – no content.
    If you export ALL settings from Site A – then those settings will replace those on the the import to site.

For Elements – they are a post type and can be transfered using the WP Import Export in Dashboard > Tools. Just select the Element post type.

ch1800

By “theme settings” you mean those in Customizer, right?
    Or something else in addition to those.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Correct – its the Customizer Settings.

ch1800

Thanks David, well noted.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

phuc

hi @david, what ’bout use another element in another design? I using design “search” but i want to import another block of design “Crypto”. How i can do that?

phuc

hi david, what ’bout use another element in another design? I using design “search” but i want to import another block of design “Crypto”. How i can do that?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

currently the only way to do it is to:

1. Install the other site ( eg. Crypto ) on a development site.
    2. Copy the Elements you require from it and paste them into your other site.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.