[Resolved] Installing Premium on Staging before moving to live

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Installing Premium on Staging before moving to live

Home Forums Support Installing Premium on Staging before moving to live

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    This Is Barry

Hi,

I recently purchased the Premium theme.
    I would like to set up a staging environment on my cloud provider to set up the theme in full and then migrate my changes to my live site.

Typically the way it’s offered in SiteGround is:
    1) Create staging
    2) protect URLs

What I plan:
    1) Install Generate press
    2) Upload the Premium .zip
    3) Set up completely

After this SiteGround offers an option to copy over everything from Staging to Live via a button click.

My question is:
    Does the .zip need to be different in these two environments?
    Or the copy would be fine?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The same GP Premium file would be fine 🙂

Just make sure to re-enter your license key once you’ve moved to the live site.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/updating-gp-premium/#finding-your-license-key

This Is Barry

Thanks for the reply, just a quick follow up question – soon as I copy the staging live, the licence might not be valid because it’s copied over. Will this cause the live site to revert to the free theme defaults? Will I need to re-customize after reentering the licence?

Thanks in advance.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Will this cause the live site to revert to the free theme defaults? Will I need to re-customize after reentering the licence?

No – the license key is only for automatic updates. Otherwise you would get this error:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/updating-issues/#getting-an-unauthorized-message

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.