[Resolved] Installing gp-premium-1.11.0-alpha.1.zip Error

Home Forums Support Installing gp-premium-1.11.0-alpha.1.zip Error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Got this error when uploading gp-premium-1.11.0-alpha.1.zip with Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades installed. Any ideas?

*** error below ***

Installing Theme from uploaded file: gp-premium-1.11.0-alpha.1.zip
    Unpacking the packageโ€ฆ

Installing the themeโ€ฆ

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme installation failed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

GPP is a plugin, so make sure you’re uploading it through “Plugins > Add New” instead of “Themes > Add New”.

Hope this helps! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ian

DOH!!!! Got too excited to test Block Element!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Ian

Trying to study the images from https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-11-0-block-elements/ but cannot figure out how to hook using Blocks yet.

Looks like the instructions point to creating the Hook inside Appearance > Elements first, did that. Where is the call function / button within the Gutenberg editor to bind a Block to this Element?

Sorry, noob action here.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you click on “Add New Element”, you can choose “Block” from the list of Element types.

Ian

Got it, thought it was a Hook! Trying it out now with a Reusable Block! Powerful indeed!!!

Ian

Hey Tom,

I have a GB Container. Just saved as a reusable block and loaded it inside Block Elements and hooked it just above the footer. The original background gradient is slightly different than the one inside Block Element. Any ideas? I have added credentials to the original post. Can you take a look? The Homepage will have both.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Ian,

So the re-usable block doesn’t have its updated styling when added within a Block Element? Possible, things get a little complex with re-usable blocks.

Does it update when you update the re-usable block?

If not, does it update when you update the page it’s displaying on?

Ian

Interesting question, I see where you are heading with this.

Still optimizing workflow in Gutenberg so here is what I have done.

1. Block 1 was created on the homepage.
    2. Saved Block 1 as a reusable block within Gutenberg (let’s call it Reusable 1).
    3. Used Block Elements to hook to Above Footer and included Reusable 1.

So updating original Block 1 on the homepage only updates that instance and no Block Elements within the hook is updated. Interesting.

Reason for using a Reusbale Block was that I have already created this Block and wanted it across all pages. Thought I could reuse it rather than having to create a new one for all Block Elements. As I type this, I wonder if the fix for this would be to Convert it to a Regular Block!? ๐Ÿ™‚ Let me test.

Ian

Update: After converting to a regular block, the issue is still there. Mind you, this is only inside the Container Background gradient. Looks like the gradient is still there but just a tad or 2 shades darker. I will make do and build with this in mind ie. reusable block does not update within a Block Element…. yet ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again Tom. Let me know if I can provide anymore info.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll look at re-usable blocks today – the issue is because of the external file CSS print method.

As for the gradient issue – there shouldn’t be any color differences whether you’re using Block Elements or a regular page. Can you link me to an example?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just released alpha.3 which should fix the re-usable block issue ๐Ÿ™‚

Ian

Wow, thanks for working on this! I have installed alpha-3 and linked to the site in my first post.

On the home page, scroll to the bottom. You will see a 4 column block. The first instance is the actual block. It is the one used to save into a reusable block. The one below it is the Elements Block used to call the reusable block. Do you see the background gradient colour difference? Maybe it’s just on my end?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

They look different because the gradients are semi-transparent. Your content area has a white background, while the body background is grey. That’s why the backgrounds look different – different background colors.

You can give the actual block a white background color which will make them consistent ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.