[Support request] Installing GeneratePress Theme Demo Design in a existing site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Installing GeneratePress Theme Demo Design in a existing site

Home Forums Support Installing GeneratePress Theme Demo Design in a existing site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sahidul

Hello,
    I created a website which I designed myself. I installed GP Premium there. Now I want to install a GeneratePress theme from the demo sites, I would like to install the Vinyasa Demo Design.
    If I import a demo design site on my existing site, will my articles replaced with the demo content?

How can I install the Vinyasa Theme Design on my existing site without losing my content?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

no importing a site will NOT remove ore replace any of your existing content.
    It will however import new content, change logos, menus etc. that will need to be updated.

We don’t generally recommend you import a Library Site on an existing site.
    If you must, then use a Staging site to import the site and make the necessary changes.

Sahidul

“If you must, then use a Staging site to import the site and make the necessary changes.”
    I did not get that what did you mean by this line. Would you please clarify it?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Most hosting companies provide a Staging site service, where the make a copy of your existing site and add it to a staging domain – this allows you to make edits to your current site whilst leaving your Live site alone. Check with your host on how to enable that feature.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.