[Resolved] Inside content bording

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Inside content bording

Home Forums Support Inside content bording

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Pavel

Hi. How can I do it like on the screenshot (black border around)? I made it in chrome inspector but dont know how I can save it? I use the GeneratePress theme. Thank you.
    screenshot

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Pavel,

Do you want this to happen on blog excerpts on the blog only? Or site-wide?

First, you’ll need a custom css plugin like this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/

Then you would add something like this:

.inside-article { border: 1px solid #000; }

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Tom

Pavel

Thank you, Tom! It’s working good! And how i can do dividing horizontal lines between widgets on the left sidebar?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Pavel,

Maybe something like this?

.sidebar .widget {border:1px solid #000;}

Pavel

And one more question, Tom. How can I translate “Load more…” and “Loading…” bottom of the page on the blog masonry? I can not find this line in editor. Thank you so much!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good point – I’ll add the ability to edit this in the next version of Generate Blog ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom

Pavel

Hi Tom! Is it possible to hide thumbnail image on the single post page (on the header of post)? In blog settings post image is “hide”. But it’s not working for the single post.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sure, although if you don’t want it to show up in the excerpts or on the single post, you can simply remove the featured image.

The CSS would be something like this: .page-header-image-single {display:none;}

Tom

Pavel

Thanks, Tom! It’s working. And I have another one question ๐Ÿ™‚ – How to hide side bar on the no-results page?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Pavel,

Currently, the no-results page using the regular Page Layout setting – I’m still trying to figure out the best way to allow you guys to change layouts on things like bbPress, no results etc.. without adding a bunch more options to the Customizer – hopefully I can come up with an easy function to do it soon.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Tom

Pavel

I have nothing against the left sidebar on the no results page but for some reason it is on the right %)
    no results page

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea that shouldn’t be happening – can you send me an email to support@generatepress.com with your URL, username and password so I can take a look and see if I can fix it?

Thanks,
    Tom

Dee Broughton

Tom, is this css related to the feature image? And does it go in the custom css? I have Blog/Post Image/Hide which worked to remove the featured image from the front page but it shows up at the top of a post on a single page, which I don’t want. I need to be able to set featured image (without it showing in the post) because that’s how many of the open graph plugins put the right thumbnail on FB, etc.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s correct, this CSS will hide the featured image from the single post:

.page-header-image-single {display:none;}

Tom

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.