[Resolved] Insertion just before the generate_after_content placeholder

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Insertion just before the generate_after_content placeholder

Home Forums Support Insertion just before the generate_after_content placeholder

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Martin

Hello,

I would like to insert a text at the end of the article positioned right after the last text of the post.

The hook generate_after_content inserts this text after the author box and after the breadcrumbs, and while this is inside the “article”, I would like to have it above the author box and above the breadcrumbs just as if it is part of the text of the article.

How can I do that placement through a hook or any other way, please?

Kind regards, Martin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

how are the breadcrumbs and author box been added to the site ?

Martin

The author box is added through the Simple Author Box plugin. I do not mind to change it or replace it for a GeneratePress box if that exists.

The breadcrumb is an example shown in your visual guide. I do not use breadcrumbs.

Thank you, Martin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK so first thing is to edit your hook and change the priority to 1
    This will position it above the themes post meta/breadcrumb,

The author box – you can build one using a Block Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-overview/

YT Video showing how:

And this can be hooked in below the post meta using the same after_content hook.

Martin

Thank you David. I created the userbox and deactivated the original plugin, and I set the priorities so that the text is depicted in the article before the userbox as per my requirements.

I used the video you pointed me at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMhUo91RjsE.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.