[Resolved] Inserting featured image in Elements page header not showing properly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Inserting featured image in Elements page header not showing properly

Home Forums Support Inserting featured image in Elements page header not showing properly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Konrad

Hi, I’m using the Pivot demo site from the site library for my site and I’m having an issue with the header background image in Elements.

I have changed it so instead of just displaying the same image on each page I want to show the page’s featured image in the background.

When I don’t select a featured image, the page uses the fallback image which works fine but as soon as I use a featured image it shows the entire full heigh image instead of sticking to the height of the header.

Here’s preview of a page working correctly (with fallback image displaying):

http://bodyandsoletherapy-co-uk.stackstaging.com/kendal-massage-therapy-lake-district/

Here’s preview of a page working incorrectly (with featured image displaying):

http://bodyandsoletherapy-co-uk.stackstaging.com/kendal-sports-massage-lake-district/

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks very much!

Konrad

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in the Header Element you will see this option: Disable Featured Image – if you check that then it will remove the default Featured Image from the post content.

Konrad

Hi David, thanks for your reply. Sorry, maybe I wasn’t very clear in my explanation. I do want to display the featured image on the page but I don’t want the space below the image (as shown in the second link; it seems to push the content down to where the image ends).

I added the first link to show the image/page should behave – does that make sense?

Please let me know if you need any more info or a screenshot of my element settings etc.

Thanks so much,
    Konrad

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you first try checking the Disable Featured Image i mentioned?

Konrad

LOL that worked! That seems counter-intuitive to me?!?! Can you explain how that works?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Konrad

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

When you add a Featured Image to your Post, GP adds this to the post content – its position is determined by the Featured Image settings in Customizer > Layout > Blog.

When you create a Header Element, and select Featured Image as the background it simply adds the featured image to the hero background. What it does not do is remove the default image. That is what the Disable Featured Image is for.

Some users want a hero background and the featured image to be display.

Konrad

Ah, I get it now. Thanks every so much!

K

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think we could make the tooltip beside that feature a little more prominent.
    Glad to be of help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.