[Resolved] Initiating Font Awesome

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Initiating Font Awesome

Home Forums Support Initiating Font Awesome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martin

I only heard of Font Awesome yesterday and am new to the GP theme. I’ve tried to add a facebook icon to my menu but not having any joy. I’m sure this must have been covered before, but can’t find anything that works – I’m probably doing something fundamentally wrong! I have referenced this https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-icons-to-menu-items/#floating-the-icon-to-the-right. I think something is appearing in my menu because when I hover at the end of the menu I get the hand symbol and clicking there does take me to facebook. Also, the rest of my site becomes left justified. Appreciate any help. My website is indicated in the link below. GP Version is 2.0.1.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Martin,

The entire Font Awesome library is turned off by default in GP. You can turn it on in “Customize > General”.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Martin

Thanks – I got it working now. I assumed that because the box was ticked that Font Awesome was loaded. What you have to do is un-tick it and it loads all the icons. Makes sense though once you read the description carefully.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.