[Resolved] Initial setup in GP Premium for Buddypress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Initial setup in GP Premium for Buddypress

Home Forums Support Initial setup in GP Premium for Buddypress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tom

I am trying to migrate away from MyBB. (https://atransc.org/forum/) I like a tight page and would code it in FrontPage if there was any future in it because very much white space is offensive to me (yes, I am a little compulsive, but then, that is why I use your wonderful theme. :-))

I am not a programmer, but learn well by modifying templates. Do you recommend a GP compatible template that would make Buddypress look a little like an old fashioned discussion board?

At the very least, I am looking for more information about how to connect the GP > BP > forum dots.

In advance, thanks for the guidance. Merry Christmas!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not familiar with many BP templates, unfortunately. However, you should be able to replicate the look of your current forum with a few hours of CSS modification. Of course, that’s not something we can provide here, but something like codeable.io might be worth checking out.

What do you mean by connecting the forum dots, exactly?

Merry Christmas! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom

Thanks Tom.

Connecting the dots. I get along pretty well with WordPress. BuddyPress is highly recommended in the reviews for a WordPress forum. I see nothing intuitive about using BuddyPress. There are also numerous templates shown on the Internet for BuddyPress but I have not figured out how to connect them with Buddy press … even getting them into WordPress has been a problem. I was hoping for a “cookbook” solution to avoid becoming a CSS expert. Done that too many times in my life.

As it turns out, wpForo is just right. So far, it is integrating well with your theme. I should have it up this weekend.

Thanks for the help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you found an alternative ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.