[Support request] Increase Page Loading Speed

Home Forums Support [Support request] Increase Page Loading Speed

Home Forums Support Increase Page Loading Speed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Samantha

I wanted to speed up my site, I got the premium version of GeneratePress theme, But, When I went to Google site speed test to check (https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights) it says, current site speed is lower than last time. What can I do for it? Can you give any help or support me to solve these issues.
    Message from google page speed test

“Field DataThe Chrome User Experience Report does not have sufficient real-world speed data for this page.

Origin SummaryOver the previous 28-day collection period, the aggregate experience of all pages served from this origin does not pass the Core Web Vitals assessment. To view suggestions tailored to each page, analyze individual page URLs. ”

I check with the web hosting support they say, Ask the theme provider their message like this,

“In regards to page speed, you are facing this issue owing to unused javascript/CSS and render-blocking resources. In this case, we suggest you contact the theme provider and ask them to have a look into this as that will certainly help.

Thanks
    Samantha

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your site so we can see the issue?

Samantha

Sure,
    [site removed] is my one site.
    Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the major issues with your site is it is making 146 requests.
    To put that into perspective, a clean install of GP makes only 2 requests and generatepress.com makes around 30.

You need to reduce the number of requests. Couple of options:

1. Reduce the Blog pages show at most in Settings > Reading. This will reduce the number of featured image requests.
    2. Reduce the number of fonts and there variants being loaded. ie. use a single font. And remove the weights you’re not using:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/google-font-variants/
    3. Reduce the number of Adverts – these account for the largest number of requests.

Samantha

Hi, I highly appreciate your kind help and still, there are some issues.
    I changed according to your advice and check again after changed the settings which you said. But, I can’t see better results now.
    following messages show on the reports

Reduce initial server response time 1.48 s
    Eliminate render-blocking resources 0.51 s
    Serve images in next-gen formats 0.4 s
    Remove unused JavaScript 0.3 s
    Efficiently encode images 0.19 s

How to solve these issues.
    Thanks
    Samantha

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The initial server response time, as it says, is related to the speed of your server. That is a matter you would need to take up with your Hosting provider.

Render blocking issues can be reduced using a plugin like Autoptimize. We provide config tips here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/configuring-autoptimize/

But overall your site is still making 114 requests, the majority of which are advert related codes. You can try the Flying Scripts plugin to defer the advert scripts. But there is now way to improve their load time, aside of reducing the number you have.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Sipheni,

I believe you’ve sent us a message through our contact page.

Please see my reply on your message. Thank you. πŸ™‚

Sipheni

Brilliant, Elvin – I’m on it

Thank youπŸ™‚

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem.

If you need further help, you can open a new topic for your site’s specific issue so we can focus in on it on it’s own thread. πŸ˜€

Sipheni

Thanks – I will do so shortly

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I see you’ve posted something. Please see my reply on it. We can continue the conversation there. Thanks! πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.