[Support request] Incorporating Elementor into an existing generate press themed site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Incorporating Elementor into an existing generate press themed site

Home Forums Support Incorporating Elementor into an existing generate press themed site

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mary

Hi,
    I’ve use GP for several years now with a 3 column layout ( 2 sidebars etc.).
    I would like to keep most of the pages as they are and changing mainly the welcome page (static page) with a more updated look. I have Elementor and have recently used it for just two new pages (- I wanted to see how it would work out.)
    I’m assuming I could create a new welcome page using Elementor but without a development site, I fear a hugh mess.
    Any suggestion as to how I might go about this without a development area?
    Thanks for any help.
    Mary

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Any suggestion as to how I might go about this without a development area?

If you can’t have a staging site, atleast make sure you make a backup of the site prior to making changes using Elementor so you have something to go back to incase of any “huge mess”. ๐Ÿ˜€

As for actual incorporation of Elementor to an existing WordPress site:

Elementor is known to work with GeneratePress. We have site template that already use Elementor for its contents which you can check here: https://generatepress.com/site-library/

As for using Elementor, you should be able to edit pages with Elementor but pre-existing contents added to the page prior to using may have issues. You most likely will not be able to edit these within Elementor’s UI.

For any issues that may come up w/ contents created with Elementor, its best to ask their support about it. ๐Ÿ™‚

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.