[Resolved] Inconsistent recaptcha response

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Inconsistent recaptcha response

Home Forums Support Inconsistent recaptcha response

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    William

I have two websites using generatepress themes. Both sites have identical plugins. I am using WPForms Lite to make a contact us page on each site. I have double checked and it seems like all settings are identical. On one site I am using recaptcha v2 with a checkmark and the other is invisible. This is the only way I could get recaptcha to work on the second site (and it really doesnt work correctly either). I want to rule out the theme and would ask if someone could take a quick look and perhaps spot the problem.

On this first site, recaptcha works as designed:

https://crunchopedia.com/contact

On this second site, you have to hit submit twice to get the form to work:

https://webhostconnect.com/contact

Any insights into how to troubleshoot this is very much appreciated.

Bill

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

there isn’t anything in the Theme that would interfere with that. GP doesn’t load recaptcha.
    I had a look at the developers console, and theres no errors before or after any form submits.

I do see the identical recaptcha JS being loaded twice. Once in the <head> of the site and then within the form html – which is a bit odd, if it was anything else other then recaptcha i would say that could be a problem, and it may be worth investigating whats loading it in the head. But recaptcha is weird, apparently it gets loaded many times and thats normal…

First i would Check for plugin conflicts by temporarily disabling other plugins.
    Then check with WP Forms to see if they have experienced of this issue.

William

Thank you for looking at this David.

You were right, it was actually a litespeed cache plugin that was loading the JavaScript a second time. I checked the settings between the two sides and turned off JavaScript combine and that did the trick.

Thanks again,

Bill

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to be of help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.