[Resolved] In the pivot demo site, is there any way to tell what element I'm working on?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] In the pivot demo site, is there any way to tell what element I'm working on?

Home Forums Support In the pivot demo site, is there any way to tell what element I'm working on?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dwight

Hello Really like the site. Still just beginning, if this has been answered many times before, sorry, couldn’t figure out how to ask it.

Just downloaded the pivot demo site to build my site with and, I spent half an hour trying to edit something from the home page when it was actually a header. Is there any way to determine what I’m looking at is without trial and error? Like a site map or a blueprint for the demo?

Thanks,

Dwight

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Unfortunately we don’t have instructions like this available currently.

If you are comfortable with using developer tool/browser inspect then that’s a good way to start.

If not just let us know on here and we can point you to the right direction.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Dwight

OK, thanks, mainly wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing a simple solution Most of it I can figure out, if I get stuck, I’ll definitely ask you guys

Can you point me to the developer tool?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Right click on the element you are wondering about then click Inspect.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Dwight

OK, Don’t know if this should be a separate topic. As always, I appreciate the help and the
    patience. Here’s what I could use help on right now.

If you look at my front page, you’ll see that I’ve manged to strip out some formatting as compared to the demo. I’ve lost the parallax image, I’d like to get it back, also like to find out where that image lives so I can use my own image. Also lost a few other things- the red line at the bottom of the first image, much of the formatting and icons, the shading on the video overview. Like to know how to get them back as well.

I have 3 long testimonials for my business, I was thinking of putting a short quote from each one about where the video over view is in the demo [eliminating the video], then, making each full testimonial a blog post and linking the short quote to the blog post. Does that make sense or would it be better to make the full testimonials a static page to link to?

When I click on “learn more”, I go to

https://gpsites.co/pivot/services/

which doesn’t seem to be connected to my site, am I missing something or how can I hook that up to my site?

Arigato, Gracias, Merci, Danke, Takk, Mahalo, Grazie, Shukran, Todah, Diolch yn fawr, Salamat, Asante, hvala, miigwetch, ahehee, Thank you.

Many Thanks,

Dwight

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

– The parallax image is still enabled currently. The setting should be in the page header content:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-header-content/#parallax-effect

– All the content part of Pivot is from Beaver Builder and looks like it’s been disabled which is why they are lost.

– The video part is coming from Beaver Builder again. If you want the original format then you will need to enable BB and edit the content within the plugin.

– You’d have to edit the link of Learn more to link it to your desired page.

Dwight

Great, thanks. If you want to mark this resolved and have me start a new thread, let me know.

Did you have an opinion on this:

I have 3 long testimonials for my business, I was thinking of putting a short quote from each one about where the video over view is in the demo [eliminating the video], then, making each full testimonial a blog post and linking the short quote to the blog post. Does that make sense or would it be better to make the full testimonials a static page to link to?

Also getting a 403 error when posting a new blog post.
    Error 403: Forbidden
    You don’t have permissions to access this page. This usually means one of the following:

this file and directory permissions make them unavailable from the Internet.
    .htaccess contains instructions that prevent public access to this file or directory.
    Please check file and directory permissions and .htaccess configuration if you are able to do this. Otherwise, request your webmaster to grant you access.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dwight

Got the 403 thing worked out with my webhost.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would say that the testimonial presentation is all personal preference.

You can always try both ways to see which method you like it better.

I’ll mark this topic resolved for now but feel free to open new topics.

Beaver Builder has decent support too if you have questions regarding to BB content πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.