[Resolved] Importing library site breaks my site – “the page redirects incorrectly”

Home Forums Support Importing library site breaks my site – “the page redirects incorrectly”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anton

I have a couple of Generatepress-sites, so I have imported and played around with the framework for some time.

I have a new site now where I wanted to add a library site. However, it breaks the site.

The issue is with step 2 in the process of adding a demo/library site. Adding step 1 “alternative for theme” is fine, the site looks strange – but still works. It’s when I import “theme content” that the site stops working.

I get this error message (translated with Google translate):

“the page redirects incorrectly

An error occurred while connecting to mysite.com.

This problem can sometimes occur if you disable or refuse to receive cookies.”

– I have the latest versions of the theme + premium plugin
    – I have disabled all plugins (including cache)
    – I’ve checked the SSL cert

Generatepress works fine and other themes, as well. But it’s when I important something from the library that it gives me this error about redirect.

I’ve tried importing “Dev” and “Vinyasa” demos. Several times. I have also used the “delete the imported website”-function.

Any ideas what could be wrong here? I will now leave the site with a demo imported, so that you can see the error message.

Thanks in advance.

Anton

Anton

I have also installed Simple SSL plugin. Still not working.

It’s as if the themes try to redirect somewhere that it shouldnt.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s strange, there definitely shouldn’t be any redirecting.

Where are you seeing this error? Can you show me a screenshot, maybe?

Anton

Hi Tom,

I get the same error as everybody else when trying to enter my website: https://i.imgur.com/0zminLG.jpg

Anton

Hi guys,

Since the website is new and only had one article on it, I decided to delete the application and re-install WordPress.

Now everything works perfectly fine. So I guess there must have been an issue with the WordPress installation/previous themes and not Generatepress.

Thanks guys.

Have a nice weekend

Anton

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange – glad it’s working now! 🙂

Anton

Hey guys,

I had the same issue once again.

After a couple of hours of headache, I contacted Cloudways support and they found the issue. When I added the domain to the server, I wrote the first letter in capital letter – like this: Domain.com

Simply changing it to “domain.com” from “Domain.com” and clearing the cache solved this whole mess. No more re-directs errors. I.e this issue had nothing to do with the theme.

Thought I’d come in and write it here, in case someone else gets the same issue.

All the best!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for reporting back! We appreciate it 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.