[Resolved] IMPORT – How to disable the imported Background image

Home Forums Support [Resolved] IMPORT – How to disable the imported Background image

Home Forums Support IMPORT – How to disable the imported Background image

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pietro

Hi,
    I finished the settings on a website (with my new theme+plugin 🙂 ), and now I’m trying to export/import all the settings to another very similar site, just to save time and don’t do everything again.

But the first finished website has a background image, that I don’t want to install on this second website (here I just want to select a color.
    After importing all the files, the second website show that background image and there is no way to deactivate it. When I check the url of that background image, I see is pointing to the first website, so the new image here is not saved on the second website, anyway I can’t find where is the link to delete.

If I delete the imported setting, I can delete this background, but I also lose all the other settings. I want only delete the background image.

Hope it’s clear!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can remove backgrounds by going to “Customize > Background Images”, finding your element and clicking the “Remove” button: http://www.screencast.com/t/22FiKSslRJ

Pietro

Eh eh… too easy this way! 🙂

As I told before, the image is not visible here (“Customize > Background Images”), because the image is not saved on this website.
    The image of background is saved on another website, the site where I exported the file settings.
    Now, importing that file, the new website is using the background of the previous website.

Somewhere there is the url of that background image, but I can’t find where…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So no “Remove” button appears? It shouldn’t matter if the image is visible there, as long as a setting is detected.

What version of GP Premium are you using?

Pietro

I have last versions of both theme and plugin (just bought 3 days ago).

Ok, it doesn’t matter, I will delelte the imported settings so it also delete this issue, and later I will add manually all the settings.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very strange – I’ll look into this to see if I can replicate the issue.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

One thing you can do after a URL changes (usually after migrating to a new domain) is use a plugin like this: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/

That way you can find the old URL and replace it with the new URL.

Pietro

I tried that plugin but it cannot detect where it was the wrong url.
    Anyway I just deleted the imported settings, and that background image GHOST is went away forever! 🙂

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.