Import customizer styles not working?

Home Forums Support Import customizer styles not working?

Home Forums Support Import customizer styles not working?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jen Carlstrom

I have the GP Premium plugin and I’ve activated the export/import option for customizer settings. I’ve successfully exported the customizer settings as JSON files, but importing the same files into another blog (with GP premium and import/export enabled) seems to have no effect. Am I missing something obvious?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jen,

Just did this yesterday with all of the options and didn’t notice any issues.

When you download the file and open it, can you see your options?

Are you keeping the file name the same as when you downloaded it?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Jen Carlstrom

Yes, here’s what I’m doing:

– I’m aiming to export customizer settings from a first blog and move them to a second blog.(I have many different blogs set up, but I believe they’re all running on the same instance of wordpress)

– In the first blog, I’m downloading 1 file each per every export option.(Header settings, spacing settings, background settings, etc, etc)
    – I’m keeping the names of the files exactly the same.
    – I can open each of these files, and I can see the valid JSON code containing my settings (there shouldn’t be any need to edit this code, right?)

After I’ve downloaded these files, keeping the filenames the same, I then go to my second blog and import these files using the method demonstrated here: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/generate-importexport/

When I open the second blog’s customizer, the customizer settings are still wordpress default settings. I’m under the impression that customizer settings import affects customizer settings — am I correct in making that assumption?

I suspect this may be a file permissions issue – in your opinion, is this a possibility?

Is there any documentation available for customizer setting import/export apart from what’s available in this website’s knowledgebase?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jen,

Sounds like you’re doing everything right.

When you import the files to the new site, does it tell you the import was successful?

You should see your imported settings in the Customizer immediately after importing.

I just did this to another site the other day, so I would assume there is some sort of permissions issue.

Who are you hosted with? Have you contacted them to ask if there’s anything that could be preventing the importing of the json file?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Chris

Re-igniting this thread as I have run into the same issue.

Not all settings import, despite a successful import message being shown.

One of the settings that does not import is Layout > Blog > Single > Display Post Categories.

I have it unticked on the site I am exporting from, but after import to another site, it remains ticked, which seems to be the default.

I have checked the .json file and can see the setting is included.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you open a new topic for your question?

This one is really old.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Import customizer styles not working?’ is closed to new replies.