[Resolved] Images won’t resize to fit Header Grid in the front page (dispatch theme)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Images won’t resize to fit Header Grid in the front page (dispatch theme)

Home Forums Support Images won’t resize to fit Header Grid in the front page (dispatch theme)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nuenghathai

Could someone help me with figuring out what went wrong with my front page? The images in the Header and probably other places won’t resize to fit the grids.

Does it have anything to do with using smush?

Kind regards,
    Nueng

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Featured video images aren’t scaleable as the other images are . So you cannot make the video featured image fit the grid.

Nuenghathai

hi,

ok about the video i understand. Is there a way to deselct some posts, so they do not end up in the grid?

My main concern was mostly about the pictures, not the video.

thanks for replying so fast

Nuenghathai

So I found a way to exclude the featured video post with “WP Show Posts” by using exclude post ID. Only it’s a bit inefficient. Is it possible to exclude a category, or post format?

I’ve already tried setting taxonomy by choosing categories, tags or post format. But they’re not excluding the video post that I want. Probably because the categories and tags overlap, so this option should also be inefficient.

When choosing for post format it only shows post-format-video but I don’t see any option for the standard post.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can exclude category.
    Edit the WPSP list.
    In Taxonomy > Category select the Category you want to Exclude.
    Then in More Settings change the Tax operator to NOT IN

Nuenghathai

hi

thank you for your awnser. I will try that out.

As for the images not resizing to fit in the header grids? How can I clear up this problem?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The grid in Dispatch uses CSS to size each of the images to make a perfect grid. You can find all of that CSS in Customize > Additional CSS.

If you change it, you need to change it all relatively or there will be white-space.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.