[Support request] Images randomly deleted

Home Forums Support [Support request] Images randomly deleted

Home Forums Support Images randomly deleted

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Graham

I am not sure if this is a theme issue, but all I have done with my site this week is to use GeneratePress in combination with Elementor. I am asking the same question over at Elementor as I am not sure whether it is a theme or plugin issue.

Here’s what’s happening. My site looks OK and apart from design tweaks I need to make having only recently installed my new theme, it is all loading OK.

Then, a few hours later I load my site and the front page images are missing.

When I check the sizes being used on the front page have been deleted from the Uploads folder. The other sizes for the same images are still there.

What could be deleting only the front page images and only the sizes used on the front page?

This is happening every day.

I have checked the Cron list and there is nothing there that could be doing this.

I have done the usual switch off plugins and nothing seems to make a difference.

I have checked my site for malware and that isn’t a problem.

I am mystified…!

If anyone can point me in the right direction I’d be grateful.

GeneratePress 2.0.2
    GP Premium 1.6.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

How are the font page images added? From within Elementor?

Graham

The images are the featured images for the blog posts which are shown in the posts grid widget on the front page.

The images just keep disappearing…!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is the featured image still set when you open the actual post? Or is it gone altogether?

Graham

The featured image is still set. The actual file is deleted from the server. However, all other sizes of the image remain on the server. Only the size used by the featured image is removed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s weird. You must have some sort of server issue going on, or maybe a plugin which is causing it?

Nick

I’m having the same issue with featured images getting deleted.

It seems to impact posts that are a few months old, and only the original image gets deleted; the other sizes WordPress creates are still there.

Did you ever get this resolved, Graham?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

A function would have to run to actually delete an image from your server.

My best guess would be a plugin you’re using with a cron event.

Graham

In my original post, I said I had checked for cron events but there were none that were deleting images or changing images in any way.

However, the problem has gone away and I have done nothing….!

So, I imagine that the issue disappeared when something – a plugin or theme – got updated. But as the issue was still present with all plugins switched off, I can’t see how that happened either…!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.