Images only showing when logged IN to admin

Home Forums Support Images only showing when logged IN to admin

Home Forums Support Images only showing when logged IN to admin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    robmac

Hi,

Interested please, if anyone has any suggestions. Images and url links, on my homepage, are only showing when I’m logged IN to my site admin, within a min or two of logging out, they don’t show anymore. I’ve cleared cache etc but still no luck, I’m speaking with my host, to see if we can resolve. But would welcome suggestions from others. Thank you.

robmac

issue resolved – it appears to have indeed been the cache.

robmac

OK, just to update. The problem returned in most browsers I tested, so, I again switched OFF WP Fastest Cache [WPFC] and am leaving it off for now. The site now loads and loads faster on all major browsers tested.

WPFC has served me well on multiple sites, but for some reason, seemingly not this one.

Questions please:

Is there a fundamental problem, in NOT using a cache on a site?

I’ve seen online advice, suggesting sites which use CloudFare [mine DOES] do not necessarily need caching? If it’s best however to use a cache, suggestions for an easy to set-up alternative to WPFC please? Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Caching plugins can be tricky – it all depends on your host.

If you’re using Cloudflare, a caching plugin isn’t necessary as CF caches all of your static content for you.

If your site is fast without the caching plugin, I think you’re better off just leaving it deactivated 🙂

robmac

Thanks Tom – yes, I’ll leave cache off, problem is, I came back to my site a few hrs later and the problem was – back – images [and links] only loading/active, when I’m signed in to admin. to you have any suggestions please as to what I should be looking at in this type of situation? Thanks again.

robmac

I do note, I only de-engaged the cache and didn’t yet deactivate the actual cache plugin, so that may have been the issue – it’s now deactivated and I’ll delete it completely.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Make sure to flush the cache before deactivating it.

Any chance you can link me to your site so I can see if I can see the images?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.