[Resolved] Images online resizing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Images online resizing

Home Forums Support Images online resizing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ustar

Hi, there!

When checking the site in the GT Metrix service, it was found that thumbnails for the preview of product cards are formed from large images to small using HTIL or CSS.
    Why did not uses already small thumbnails?

Please tell me what to look for. Or what should be changed so that ready made thumbnails are used forming a page?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It looks like it’s complaining about your archive product images. Have you tried setting them to a smaller size in Customize > WooCommerce?

ustar

Hi, Tom!

Thanks for your answer!

I had settings:
    Main image width
    600×600 (as they made) for item page.
    Thumbnail cropping
    Uncropped

Now i set
    275×275 as tells in the test results
    https://gtmetrix.com/reports/dev.u-star.cz/RneMmr5J

But, test still tells me to scale images.

Regards, Sergey.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Well, the images are 600×600, but they’re displaying at 250×250 (ish). You could reduce them more, but I would focus more on making sure they’re well optimized and loading fast. A lazy loading plugin would help as well.

ustar

Hi, Tom!

Ok, it’s clear.

In my wp-content/uploads/ folders i uploaded original images 800×800. For example image.jpg
    It was for another theme, just befor i’m installed Generatepress. But, anyway.

Then WordPress (or the old theme) automatically generated many copies of this file with different dimentions.
    For example image-100×100.jpg, image-300×300.jpg, image-510×510.jpg etc.

My question is:
    1. When i set in Customize/Woocommerce/Product images
    Main image width 510 (because i have already image-510×510.jpg on the server), Thumbnail width 300 (because i have already image-300×300.jpg) and Thumbnail cropping to Uncropped,
    why i see in the browser console that images on category pages are 275×275 (but no 300×300) and on product page 560×560 (but no 510×510)?
    I would not want additional image transformations with every page request.

How to make sure that exactly the images that exactly match the settings in the admin section are used?

Best wishes, Sergey.

ustar

2. Is it possible to regenerate thumbnails after settings changes? So that they are used to build pages and do not require online conversions.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Those are actually WooCommerce settings, so your images should reflect the options you’ve set in the Customizer. It’s possible that their image resizer isn’t working with your server, but it might be worth contacting their support.

You can regenerate thumbnails with a plugin like this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

ustar

Thanks, Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

ustar

Thanks, Tom!

Regards, Sergey.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.