[Support request] Images on Site No Longer Displaying

Home Forums Support [Support request] Images on Site No Longer Displaying

Home Forums Support Images on Site No Longer Displaying

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christopher

I have had an issue with my site for some time, but not it’s gotten worse. When I would open up my blog posts on a phone, images would not load. Now, even when I open them up on a computer with a strong internet connection, suddenly large and important images are missing!

When I go to edit my articles, they are still there. So, it seems to be an issue with loading. I have made sure to compress my images to a relatively small size. On top of that, I have two image compressor plugins installed. I’m starting to wonder if one of them, or having both of them active is causing an issue? I’m worried if I remove one, or both of them, that it could affect the current positions of my articles in Google. Not sure if that can cause an impact?

Installed I have: Kraken Image Optimizer, Autoptimize, and WP Super Cache.

I really need to resolve this, as images are important to keep my posts engaging.

If anybody could please help me, I’d really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

The website is chrissoundlab.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

It sounds like a potential issue between caches and the image optimizer.
    can you share a link to a post or page where i can see the problem?

Christopher

Sure here is one: https://chrissoundlab.com/what-is-an-audio-interface/

Here is another: https://chrissoundlab.com/why-do-recording-studios-have-so-many-buttons/

Smaller size images seem to display, but 99% of the rest of the images are missing!

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Good news is – i can see all the images loading correctly.
    First thing to check is the site in a private / incognito browser which will disable any browser extensions. Try that to eliminate an extension issue, if the Image Optimizer is using Javascript then things like Ad Blockers can break them.

IF theres still an issue then try visiting the site using a different network, in case your router or ISP has cached the page.

Aside from that the only other issue i see is the Background Image in your site header. The URL for that image is HTTP which needs to be updated to HTTPS – can’t see it being an issue as most browsers will auto upgrade those URLS but it could be a problem.

Christopher

That’s so weird, I did check in incognito mode as you suggested, and it works fine… So, it could be my browser extnesions causing the issue? Although, I haven’t installed any extra extensions on my iPhone’s browser and images don’t show, unless I open up a private incognito window. Seems strange, no?

Is it bad to have two image optimizer plugins? Maybe having two could cause some kind of conflict? Should I just use one?

Thank you for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The issue could be the device caches. You may want to try clearing the browser cache and any cookies.

Probably not best to have two plugins doing the same thing, theres a risk of conflicts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.