[Resolved] Images on home page not dispaying

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Images on home page not dispaying

Home Forums Support Images on home page not dispaying

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Darcy Baldwin

After having a hiccup yesterday with trying to install a new theme (yes, I know, I know…but I was trying to be hip), I’ve re-installed Generate Press with the Freelancer Child Theme.

The problem is, after doing the quick updates to put everything back in place, my images are not showing up on my home page. I’m unsure as to why – as this wasn’t a problem yesterday before the change. All have featured images attached to them.

Could you suggest what I’m missing?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to your site?

Darcy Baldwin
    Darcy Baldwin

And is there a global way to hide featured images from posts, or do I need to do it through the disable elements feature on each post?

Darcy Baldwin

FWIW – I have installed other themes and don’t have the same issue – they show the image on the front page (featured images).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In “Customize > Blog > Post Images” – what do you have in the width and height fields?

There’s an option in the next GP Premium/Page Header to disable page headers on all posts. For now, you can do this:

.page-header-image-single {
        display: none;
    }
    Darcy Baldwin

They are set to auto.

And….for the code clueless amongst us, where would I place that code?

Thanks for your help, btw!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you type “auto” into the fields? Try deleting the word auto and leaving them empty.

Adding CSS: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-css/

Darcy Baldwin

Auto is like a background text that is automatic. When I try to remove it, it stays populated. It seems to be waiting for a size.

BINGO!!! I put in my 600×600 size of the original images and they have populated. The top image where I kept it as a featured post doesn’t work, but I can skip that for now. If you want to take a look – you can see it in action. I’ll change it in the morning.

darcybaldwin.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm that doesn’t seem right.

What version of GP Premium are you using? Make sure you’re using the latest: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/updating-add-ons/#manual-update

Darcy Baldwin

I just downloaded the file today (after not having this work, I deleted all the files and went to download a fresh copy).

If I set for a square – then they all are square, and there’s to much white space on the top image. If I set them for rectangle, then it cuts off the images. I will just remove the featured size from the top and go with a straight square image across the board. That will make me happy to have it working again after the mix up of the last couple of days. I’ve loved this theme all the time I’ve been using it — just don’t know what happened with everything blowing up. Thanks for your help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad that it’s working now and that you’re enjoying the theme.

Hopefully nothing else blows up for you 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.