[Support request] Images not showing when I am editing my site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Images not showing when I am editing my site

Home Forums Support Images not showing when I am editing my site

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Justin

Hey, when I view my site as a visitor it appears as usual. But when I go in and edit a page, none of the images are appearing. I have disabled the cache and the problem still shows. Here is a screenshot of the issue:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fx953oiouj10pp/Screenshot%202022-08-11%20at%2019.21.37.png?dl=0

Thanks for your help

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Justin,

I don’t believe this is a GP-related issue.

Can you try #1 here to test first?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Justin

Hey Leo – I have deactivated a bunch of plugins but the issue still persists. I will deactivate everything later today and get back to you.

I do get an error when trying to update generate blocks from Version 1.2.0:
    Update failed: Download failed. Unauthorized

My site key is active – so not sure what is going on here and if it could be the cause of the issue?

Justin

Hey Leo – I have tried de-activating all plugins and the issue is still there. Interestingly on all pages I get this message:

There is an autosave of this post that is more recent than the version below.
    View the autosave

One plugin I haven’t turned off is the Big Commerce 4 WordPress plugin I have – as I don’t want to disrupt my connection (would this be an issue, or is it safe to toggle it off and on without loosing products?)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i would suggest you speak with BigCommerce support regarding whether theres any issues disabling their plugin. Having never used that plugin, but i am aware it uses a Sync service, i would be reluctant to say disable it without knowing the consequences.

Justin

Hey David and Leo,

I went ahead and deactivated everything apart from generate press premium, GP and GP blocks – and the issue was still there.

Any idea what I should do next?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Edit that Page, and Right Click > Inspect the web page. This will open the Browser Developer Tools. Go to Console tab, are there any Red Errors there ?

Justin

Thanks David. Yes all the images don’t load and cause error messages:

load-scripts.php?c=0&load%5Bchunk_0%5D=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,regenerator-runtime,wp-polyfill,wp-hooks&ver=6.0.1:5 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 3.3.2

The-Shaping-Bay-Graphic-Design-for-Chiropractors-Advertising-Brain-Body-Cycle-Wall-Vinyl.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    Justin-Faulkner-Graphic-Designer.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    Organic-Chiropractor-Marketing.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    The-Brand-Mind-Body-Spirit-Brand-Strategy-1024×751.png:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    The-Brand-Mind-Body-Spirit-Logo-1024×751.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    The-Brand-Mind-Body-Spirit-Online-1024×751.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    The-Brand-Mind-Body-Spirit-Print-1024×751.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    The-Brand-Mind-Body-Spirit-SEO-Supercharge-1024×751.png:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    The-Brand-Mind-Body-Spirit-ANS-1024×751.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Also – every page in edit mode has this message: There is an autosave of this post that is more recent than the version below.
    View the autosave

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED is a DNS Error, ie. the IP Address matching the domain cannot be found.
    If the images are hosted on your server then you should check with your host.
    If they are hosted on BigCommerce the you would need to check with them.

Justin

Thank you David,

I reached out to siteground – my database had some missing www. instances of my domain. All sorted with their search and replace function.

Thank you for your help ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.