[Support request] Images: How to auto-crop and auto re-size?

Home Forums Support Images: How to auto-crop and auto re-size?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Arguably the best feature of my former theme (Total from WP Explorer) was the image auto crop and auto re-size feature. It’s incredibly helpful for users that didn’t know the first thing about working with images.

Any crazy image size or aspect ratio could be uploaded, and the theme would re-size on-the-fly (with various sizes depending on where image appeared) AND simultaneously crop the image to a desired aspect ratio, for example 4:3.

This resulted in a perfect scenario: image size matched to what was required for display, consistent cropping, minimal page weight, and no user confusion or extra work.

I would like to get as close to that behavior as possible with GeneratePress. But how?

I do see options to re-size featured images in the Optimizer, but nothing else. For exmaple, I don’t see options to upload various sizes into a blog post, just full-size.

I must be missing something. I’d like the early 2018 version of how to define various sizes, make those available to the theme, and also implement auto-cropping if possible. Thanks!

Here’s a screenshot within Total to give you an idea of what I’m talking about: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aeeldqy59udev0v/04-04-2018-2.png?dl=0

GeneratePress 2.0.2
    GP Premium 1.6.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The options you’ve found in the Customizer are the ones for the featured images.

For your content, there’s an option to choose a size of the image while adding it to the content. You can adjust those default image sizes in “Settings > Media”.

So, you could set the “medium” image size to whatever you like, and then while uploading and inserting your image in your content, choose the “medium” size.

Let me know if that makes sense or not 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.