[Support request] Images appear circular in admin panel, stretched on live site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Images appear circular in admin panel, stretched on live site

Home Forums Support Images appear circular in admin panel, stretched on live site

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Martin

When I add images using the image block, they appear perfectly circular when previewed in wp-admin — however, when I view the images on the live site they are not circular. Why might this be?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you using any sort of caching plugins or server cache?

If so can you disable it for us to take a look?

When something works in the back end but not on the live site, it’s generally a caching issue.

Martin

No cache or plugins installed.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium and GenerateBlocks for us to take a look?

Martin

All plugins except GP Premium and GenerateBlocks have now been deactivated.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh ok I see the issue.

Can you try adding this CSS?

.wp-block-image.is-style-rounded img {
        height: 200px;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Martin

That CSS snippet does seem to resolve the issue — but shouldn’t the images appear circular without having to customize the CSS?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It should – looks like a small issue with the theme’s CSS.

We will take a closer look. Thanks 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If I could make a recommendation…

You should notice that the images are out of ratio as you are using the resizer to make the images square at 200px by 200px.

The better solution would be to make sure the original image is already square/1 to 1 ratio, then the Rounded option would work without the CSS I’ve provided and images would not be out of ratio.

Martin

I was aware of that, but the issue is having the client remember to always upload (and create) a perfectly square image! This is easier said than done!

Since the images appear perfectly circular in the admin panel, I am really confused as to why they don’t appear correctly on the live site?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Because the theme is adding this CSS to make sure the images stay in ratio when cropped:
    height: auto;

Generally that’s what we want.

That CSS doesn’t reflect in the customizer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.