[Support request] images alt text missing

Home Forums Support [Support request] images alt text missing

Home Forums Support images alt text missing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bryan

Hi, On my site sales-motivations.com, something very odd seems to be happening with the meta-data for images that might be somehow related to GP.
    If in WP admin, Media, I look at eg bryan.jpg I can see that there is an alt-text defined in WP.

However when I look at the actual page as displayed eg in Firefox, I can inspect the image and there is no alt-text associated with it. If I display the page source, again no alt-text.
    I get the same result in Chrome.

This is also the case for many other images…….

I’m wondering if Generate Press is somehow not setting the meta data or rendering the images correctly?

Thanks,
    Bryan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

GP itself doesn’t alter the output of your regular content images – maybe try deactivating your other plugins? Is there an alt tag if you go into the “Text” editor in the Dashboard (instead of Visual)?

Bryan

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply. The images do have alt-tags when viewed in the image text editor of the dashboard, but not when viewed in the page editor.
    If I delete an image from the page then re-add it, I do get the alt-tags as expected.
    I’m wondering whether GP dynamically picks up the iamage as well as each attribute at run time or whether the iamge and its alt-tags are statically linked, possibly meaning that any change to the image after linking would not be picked up when the page is run?

If they are static, is there a quick way to do a bulk refresh of the images?

Thanks,
    Bryan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GP doesn’t do anything to your regular content images – it would have to detect the images and strip the attributes manually.

Did you try the plugin thing? If the alt tag is there in the editor but not on the site, something is happening on the front end.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.