[Resolved] Image will not appear over full width within a content container

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Image will not appear over full width within a content container

Home Forums Support Image will not appear over full width within a content container

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Hello,
    I’ve been trying to make a homepage with an image over the full width of my site (1500px), with on top the image text and a button. So far, so good. However, as much as I’ve tried, I cannot get the image to appear over the full width. There’s always about 220 pixels white on the right-hand side. I’ve been through the settings for padding and the size of the container, but that doesn’t help. The forum gives great tips, which I’ve systematically tried, but with no success. The site wasn’t built by me, and I’m concerned that somewhere there’s a code that keeps holding me back.
    The site is using a child of the GeneratePress theme. I’ve recently purchased the premium version and installed GenerateBlocks in the hope this will solve my problem and give me more flexibility as I don’t have much coding experience.

Hope you can help.

Regards
    Andrew

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Andrew,

I would recommend using a container block of GenerateBlock instead of the cover block, and setting the image as its background image.

Andrew

Hi Ying.
    Thanks for your feedback. I’ve tried what you recommended, but it hasn’t helped. I noticed that the container block remains very narrow. I’ve been able to add a button, but can’t find a way to place the text or how to style it the same way as my example. Unfortunately, it still doesn’t cover the full width.

Regards
    Andrew

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

The issue is not from the cover block itself, it seems you somehow set the content area to 85% width:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/mubQbBC5

I’m not sure how it’s been set, it might’ve been via CSS or plugin, you need to fix this problem first.

Andrew

HiYing,
    Thank you for steering me in the right direction. The problem was hidden in the CSS, once I’d changed that, it was plain sailing.
    Thank you once again for your speedy service.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice, you are welcome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.