Home Forums Support Image slider

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca Wade

Hi,

I have purchased the add ons but really need an image slider above the content on the homepage.

Please advise

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Rebecca,

Do you have an image slider chosen? Meta Slider? Master Slider? Slider Revolution?

If so, you can inset the shortcode into the theme to display it on your homepage.

If your homepage is a static page, edit the page and insert the shortcode into the “Content” section of the Page Header metabox (Page Header add-on).

If your homepage is your blog (posts page), go to “Appearance > Blog Page Header” and insert your shortcode into the content section of that page (also the Page Header add-on).

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Thanks for purchasing!

Rebecca

I have managed to install the meta slider now on the site in question::

http://bartley2.purple-dog.co.uk/

However, I cannot see how I can line up the menu and the logo to the very left to align with the slider and content width?

Please advise,

Thanks,
    Rebecca

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Set the header alignment to “left”.

2. You’ll need to target that first menu item, and remove the padding from the left of it – however, this will look pretty ugly when you hover and the background hover color only shows to the right of the menu item text.

Rebecca

http://bartley2.purple-dog.co.uk/

Menu still an issue. If I change the padding it changes the padding of all the menu items not just the very left hand side of the menu. the menu was and is aligned to left already?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The menu is left aligned, but the header is center aligned.

To target the first menu item, you can add this CSS:

.main-navigation .menu li:first-child a {
          padding-left: 0;
    }
    Munish Ahuja

how to add image slider

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.