[Resolved] Image re-sizing issues

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Image re-sizing issues

Home Forums Support Image re-sizing issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pete Baker

Hi,

I’m looking for some advice regarding image size.

Ideally I’d like all the images within a post to be the width of the featured image. I’m obviously doing something wrong but when I upload a large image say 2448 x 2227 I am presented with several options – Thumbnail 150 x 150, medium 329 x 329, large 1024 x 1024, actual size and then custom.
    The featured image size is showing as 685 x 458 (natural 777 x 520). My problem is that when I set the custom image option to the featured image width (height auto) the image ends up grainy and out of focus.

Currently I am using a medium setting but I’d much prefer the images to be the size of the article. I don’t understand why a large item looses quality when condensed?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Pete

Pete Baker

I think I may have found the cause – settings – media – image sizes.

These were changed in attempt to sort the poor image quality for woocommerce product pages.

Can someone advise, what is the recommended size setting for thumbnail, medium and large image size?

Thanks
    Pete

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Pete,

I’m not sure about recommended, but if hard crop isn’t enabled there shouldn’t be any grainy images.

There was a bug in the image resizer in Blog/Page Header which has been fixed in the upcoming version, but I’m not 100% sure if this is that bug or not.

Pete Baker

Thanks Tom,

Where will I find the hard crop check box for my blog posts?

What is the default settings for the image size settings?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.