[Support request] Featured Image Thumbnail on a Blog Grid

Home Forums Support [Support request] Featured Image Thumbnail on a Blog Grid

Home Forums Support Featured Image Thumbnail on a Blog Grid

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ophira

Hi Team,

I want my blog layout on the homepage to display as a single column grid where the Featured image thumbnail is floated to the left and the Blog Title, meta and Excerpt is displayed floated to the right – on a desktop and tablet.

Whereas on mobile I want the layout to be Featured image followed by Blog Title, meta and Excerpt.

I cannot find an option in the customizer to set a different layout for desktop, tablet and a different layout for a mobile.

As a work around I have set the Customizer > Layout > Blog > Featured Image > Location: Above Title, Alignment: Center, Media Attachment Size: Full.

and added custom CSS

@media
    (min-width: 768px) {
    img.wp-post-image {
    width: 200px;
    height: 200px;
    float: left;
    margin: 15px 15px;
    object-fit: cover;
    }
    .inside-article::after{
    content: “”;
    clear:both;
    display: table;
    }
    }

Doing so leads to

A. The image sticking to the top of the blog grid on a tablet.

B. Also I don’t think it’s best practice to load a full size image and shrink it down to a thumbnail to get the effect I want, is there a workaround?

I would appreciate if you could help me out.

Best Regards,

Ophira

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I think you’d be better off setting the featured image alignment to “Left” in the Customizer. That way you can get your desired layout on desktop/tablet by using the Customizer, and make any necessary tweaks on mobile.

Let me know if that works or not 🙂

Ophira

Hi Tom,

I tired your recommendation. However this leads to the thumbnail pixelating on mobile.

Is there a way to display the featured image on the mobile taking up the entire width of the screen without pixelating? Which would be the same effect as :

Customizer > Layout > Blog > Featured Image > Location: Above Title, Alignment: Center, Media Attachment Size: Full

Best Regards,

Ophira

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Should be quite easy, can you set it up that way so I can adjust with CSS?

There shouldn’t be any pixelating as long as the image isn’t being resized up.

Ophira

Hi Tom,

How do I share the login details? This is public forum.

Best Regards,

Ophira

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Would we need login details? Is it possible for you to set it up like I mentioned above? We aren’t able to make any changes to your website.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.