[Resolved] image on page hero css problem

Home Forums Support [Resolved] image on page hero css problem

Home Forums Support image on page hero css problem

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    johnaps

Hello, i wanted to ask if i add a featured image on my post page thats controlled by a header hero, shouldnt it automatically adjust the post title margins/padding’s ?

if i add a bigger image you can see it is mixed with the title…
    Also the last weird thing is when i open dev console i cant click the image element on the header hero…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not 100% if I understand but would this screenshot explains how it works?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/bL4YofwAdlS

The size of the background image is determined by the padding and the content inside of it.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

johnaps

basically what i am asking is, if i have to change manually the padding of .page-hero on every post, if the image has different dimensions…?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you want to display the full image then yes, each different image size will require different padding in the Header Element.

johnaps

thats very unconvenient…
    1. so i ll have to crop every image to specific dimensions to avoid this problem?
    2. isnt it possible to include featured image as an separate div inside page-hero so i can control it with css globally?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

1. If you want consistent sized featured images or hero backgrounds then yes.
    2. You can create a short code to output the img – this topic provides how:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/individual-images-on-solid-hero/#post-1034354

johnaps

The shortcode was perfect, did exactly what i was looking for! Thank you David <3 !

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.