[Resolved] Image handling

Home Forums Support Image handling

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James

Hi Tom,

Sorry to keep bothering, but working hard on a Imagehumor dotcom at the moment.

I have noticed something, and not sure if its me, or if its a bug or something.

I am uploading images and adding them to the post via the add media button. When a set the settings they are always the same format of post (standard) and are created all in the same way, however when they publish some are “posts with an image in” and others “posts with the attachment page showing the image”.

I need it to be the former (post with an image in). Due to the way they both behave.

Not sure if it makes much sense. Best way to see it in action is viewing the two links:
    Bad: http://imagehumor.com/ironic-list/ (clicking the image takes you to the direct location and file)
    Good: http://imagehumor.com/when-you-have-too-much-month-at-the-end-of-you-money/ (is a random link)

When adding both were set to custom links (the random url).

Any ideas on whats going on?

Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That doesn’t look a page you created – it looks like the attachment page.

Try changing the permalink of the page you created with the image (not /ironic-list) and let me know if it works 🙂

James

That’s what I’m saying mate, I did create that post the same way I created the ‘good’ post above. Nothing was different.

You mean change the actually permalink on the bad post? I have just done that and it does fix it. Very strange. So would that be a bug? I mean, I don’t want to have to edit the permalink every time I make a post just to get it working.

Thanks
    James

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you go to your media library and open that image, you’ll see it has a permalink as well, which probably matched your posts permalink.

You can change the attachment permalink and keep the post one the same.

Just a weird WP thing – each media item is given a permalink.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.