[Support request] Image from Blog not pulling through to Facebook

Home Forums Support [Support request] Image from Blog not pulling through to Facebook

Home Forums Support Image from Blog not pulling through to Facebook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nicki Watson

Hi

I’ve created a new post but when I try to share the url to Facebook, the image doesn’t show up. This happened on the previous post bu the others before then were fine- not aware that I’ve altered any settings since.
    I’ve checked the image sizes are the same.
    I put the link through the FB debugger and got this error : Inferred Property
    The ‘og:image’ property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
    Missing Properties
    The following required properties are missing: og:url, og:type, og:title, og:image, og:description, fb:app_id

I’ve unchecked featured image – this places the image too big at the top of the post- but guessing this can be customised.
    I’ve got Yoast plugin activated bu I’m not utilisng.

Is there a simple explanation ?

thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can use a plugin like Yoast SEO which will add these tags for you.

Otherwise, you can use a plugin like this: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/wonderm00ns-simple-facebook-open-graph-tags/

Nicki Watson

Thanks for reply, I deaactivated Yoast as that seemed to be part of the issue. I wondered if there was conflict with the theme settings?

if I add his plug in will I conflict with Yoast if I reactivate?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yoast itself should be the solution, as they add the image tags for you. However, I believe you can turn off their options to add og tags, then you should be able to use that other plugin if you find it works better for you.

Nicki Watson

Thanks, I tried Yoast again but now the snippet isn’t pulling through but the image is. I deactivated and added the plugin you suggested but that didn’t add the excerpt either.

Is there somewhere else in the settings or theme that affects an excerpt pulling through? Sorry I’m very amateur and not sure what could have changed as previous posts worked fine.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try adding an example URL in here: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

FB will tell you if the image exists or not. If it does, it’s likely just caching preventing it from displaying live.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.