- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 3 months ago by Leo.
January 28, 2018 at 3:13 pm #482002Marco
I have one question and one issue 🙂 My question is the following, I have right now this website https://sweetnsalt.eu/ and looking into changing the theme with generate press. I really love the image carousel that we have right now but apparently i can’t replicate it using generate press. Is there a way to create something similar with your theme? What I achieved to do now is what you find here in the website link i added below in the field but I don’t really like the result
The problem is related to the use of elementor combined with GP. I created the homepage with Elementor but now the widgets and menus don’t work at all if i try to setup the in the theme appearance options. Also if i try to set the full size or contained option in the layout doesn’t work and if i make some changes the page is not updated in real time anymore but i need to publish and reload the page. Is all this normal?
I am a bit stressed
THanks for helpingGeneratePress 2.0.1GP Premium 1.5.6January 28, 2018 at 8:30 pm #482108LeoStaffCustomer Support
Sliders are definitely plugin territory (because not everyone uses it), and there are lots of good ones out there.
I like Smart Slider 3: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/smart-slider-3/
You can use GP to duplicate your current layout quite easily actually. Try this:
– Center logo in navigation: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/centering-logo-navigation/
– Create a slider using the sliders plugin
– Create a new page header, add the slider shortcode as page header content:
– Set the container to full width:
– Apply page header to that page using the metabox: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-metabox-overview/January 28, 2018 at 11:59 pm #482187Marco
Thanks for the reply, I will have a look this evening and let you know.
Any help regarding the problem I’m having with the home page?January 29, 2018 at 8:38 am #482627
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.