[Resolved] Image and SSL Issues

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Image and SSL Issues

Home Forums Support Image and SSL Issues

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Neil

It’s the footer menu, which is missing in your screenshot. Take a look at one of the other pages such as the home page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea there’s something really strange going on there.

Have you disabled your plugins one by one to see if one of them is causing it?

Neil

Yeah I’ve done that and it’s fine when I disable PageBuilder. The SiteOrigin guys aren’t convinced though.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s definitely not a usual issue – I’ve never seen it, and I’ve seen a lot of WP bugs.

Does it happen on every single page?

Neil

I’m glad that I could find something new for you 🙂

Just happens on that page, and only in Chrome!

The SiteOrigin guys are looking into it now, might be some kind of incompatibility between GP, Page Builder and Woo.

I’ll keep you posted.

Neil

Hi Tom,

The SiteOrigin guys gave me some custom CSS that has resolved the issue.

Here is the explanation from them…

There’s not a clear reason why the issue is occurring in the first place but it’s caused due to the product gallery flex viewport code and how GeneratePress lists (they’re conflicting). To avoid it, you simply need to put those elements separate to the viewport on a higher z-index (which is basically any z-index as it uses the default one).

Don’t know if this helps you guys but thought I would share anyway.

Thanks again for your time.

Neil.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Weird, I’d love to know more – GP doesn’t do anything special to lists. I’ll look into it – thank you!

Neil

I did get this further bit of info from them…

it’s specifically due to them applying position: relative; to .widget ul li It’s not really an issue by itself but with how the other stuff works, it is one.

Still doesn’t explain to me why the last image on that page also disappeared, or why it was just that page, or why it was only in Chrome.

I’m baffled.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very strange – I’ll look into why we added position: relative to those links. Typically that shouldn’t be an issue, but it could be one if the z-index is adjusted.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.