[Resolved] I’m not seeing a meta description in the head in the source code of my site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] I’m not seeing a meta description in the head in the source code of my site

Home Forums Support I’m not seeing a meta description in the head in the source code of my site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carlos

Hello there,

Apparently this is an issue with theme. My meta-description are not displayed on any code of my website with my post and pages.

Yoast say: Is the required WordPress function used by your theme?
    Check your theme’s header.php file for a call to wp_head(). This function is required to output the Yoast SEO meta tags. If your theme does not include this function, please contact your theme developer to request compatibility with our plugin.

I have the follow notice in my code:
    “<!– Admin only notice: this page does not show a meta description because it does not have one, either write it for this page specifically or go into the [SEO – Search Appearance] menu and set up a template. –>”

Please I need your ASAP help! My traffic is drop for it !

Thank you very much

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Check your theme’s header.php file for a call to wp_head()

It’s right here by default:
    https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/master/header.php#L17

GP is absolutely compatible with Yoast – we are using it in this site. I would recommend following up with their support for a better answer,

Carlos

Hi Leo,

Since I to change the theme to GP I have errors with the meta-description.
    Before I used the Newspaper Theme and Yoast plugin working correctly.

Change your theme for the better and now I have not only errors with Yoast plugin but also with ads, etc.

I would describe more problems but the support does not allow creating more than 1 topic.

I read the persons with similar issues in the archives, you can see here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/display-meta-description-of-the-page-post-on-the-page-header-element/page/2/

Please do not send me to Yoast support, because all I did was switch to Generatepress!

Thank you very much!

Carlos

Hi Leo,

Sorry the problem is that not all my post have meta-description manually. So I add the tag: %%excerpt%% and all is ok now.

Thank you very much!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.