[Resolved] I'm a pure novice, don't understand forum discussions re: my questions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] I'm a pure novice, don't understand forum discussions re: my questions

Home Forums Support I'm a pure novice, don't understand forum discussions re: my questions

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we don’t have the resources to offer that kind of service at the moment.

1. The WP Show Posts list settings only affect the lists, so setting the content to “None” will remove the content from your post list, not the actual single portfolio page.

2. There are 3 tabs: Archives, Posts and Pages. If you click on “Posts”, the settings you set will only apply to single posts (and portfolio items). If you click on “Pages”, the settings you set will only apply to pages. Each tab has independent settings, so if you change one it won’t affect the others.

3. Make sure the “Typography” module is activated in “Appearance > GeneratePress”.

4. That’s correct. We would need to apply some CSS to change the style of individual headings. The colors can be found in “Customize > Colors > Content” (near the bottom).

5. Make sure the “Page Builder Container” option is set to “Default”: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

Hope this helps! 🙂

Jennifer

USING CAPS TO DISTINGUISH, NOT YELL, :). Your directions FIXED four of five items, so appreciative!

Regarding pay-as-you-go phone support, I volunteer for a focus group and/or beta when you’re ready. I’m the dictionary definition of an older, first-time user willing to learn. It’s very difficult for experts to communicate with novices because we need you to begin with the elementary first steps you internalized decades ago, lol.

1. FIXED: WP Show hosts & “none” Got the descriptive text off website Portfolio page and it remains on the individual Post/linked portfolio pages.

2. Archives, Posts and Pages. If you click on “Posts”, the settings you set will only apply to single posts (and portfolio items). If you click on “Pages”, the settings you set will only apply to pages. Each tab has independent settings
    DEF THE TARGETED RESULT, I STILL PLEASE NEED STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTIONS TO ACCESS THE FEATURED IMAGES LAYOUT OPTIONS. I CAN’T FIND THE “FEATURED IMAGES” BOX WITH THE “ARCHIVES” “POSTS” AND “PAGES” TABS SHOWN IN THE HELP ARTICLE. I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE NOW, WHICH HELPS, I DON’T KNOW THE FIRST STEP TO find IT. 🙂

3. FIXED FOOTER BAR FONT SIZE. The Typography module was indeed deactivated. I would never have known that’s a thing, thanks for learning opportunity.

4A. We would need to apply some CSS to change the style of individual headings.
    PLEASE SEND THE CSS WHENEVER YOU HAVE TIME. I’LL ASK MY WEB HELPER TO INSTALL. NO RUSH.

4B. FIXED NEW H1 COLORS, THANK YOU!

5. FIXED POSITIONING OF H1 ON CONTACT PAGE, THANK YOU! Set the “Page Builder Container” to “default” as directed. Wouldn’t have known without your help.

This round was great, thank you for your patience and time.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Getting there 🙂

2. Make sure the “Blog” module is activated in “Appearance > GeneratePress”. Then you should find those options in Customize > Layout > Blog.

4. Which headings are you trying to target exactly? All posts? Portfolio? The CSS differs depending.

Let me know 🙂

Jennifer

Cross another one off the list!

1. FIXED! The blog module was activated, I needed the Customize > Layout > Blog step. I clearly missed it the first time you sent it.
    “Make sure the “Blog” module is activated in “Appearance > GeneratePress”. Then you should find those options in Customize > Layout > Blog.”

2. “Which headings are you trying to target exactly? All posts? Portfolio? The CSS differs depending.”
    I’d like to customize (colors) for the PAGE titles (Portfolio, Contact, Payment, Secrets)

Further proof of novice status, I just found the tablet and smartphone icons in the dashboard and how different my website looks on each. Do changes I make with the tablet/phone icon selected change the desktop view as well? My desktop view is perfect, others are not. For example, the bullet lists on desktop display perfectly with bullet point then text in a clean line. On the tablet and iPhone, the bullet icons are aligned but the COPY is center justified with wide gaps between the bullet icons and text lines.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The content title color can be adjusted without CSS. You just need to activate the Colors module (Appearance > GeneratePress), then adjust the “Content Title” color in Customize > Colors > Content.

The changes you make on desktop also apply to tablet/mobile. The theme does its best to make your site all device friendly, but sometimes your content might need adjusting with CSS to make it work 100%.

Jennifer

Excellent, thanks, very helpful as usual! Hopefully, you won’t hear from me for quite a while since you’ve resolved each item on my “Help, I’m new here. How do I ________?” list. MUCH appreciated. I see an infant in your profile picture. I wrote a children’s book (I Love You All The Time, by Jessica Elin Hirschman and Jennifer Elin Cole on Amazon and maybe still BN.com). Happy to send a thank you copy, if you have a US-based P.O. or office address you want to share.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! 🙂

That’s very nice of you! I’m actually up in Canada though, so no US-based address unfortunately.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.