[Support request] I’d like to set the woocommerce archive page to have it’s own widget. How

Home Forums Support [Support request] I’d like to set the woocommerce archive page to have it’s own widget. How

Home Forums Support I’d like to set the woocommerce archive page to have it’s own widget. How

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Josh

What do I do to make this custom post type archive have it’s own widget sections and sidebar content? I want it to show the woocommerce product categories (which is already a widget).

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Josh,

For the sidebar, you can use a Block Element – Sidebar. Reference: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-sidebar/

For the other section, what sort of widgets section are you referring to? Is it a Footer Widget section? If so, you can use a Block Element – Hook, then hook it to before_footer.

Josh

I should have said: own widget sections *in the* sidebar content. is there a way that I can have in my appearance/widgets a new widget area that would say “woocommerce archive” and then i can put content that I only want on that archive page to show up?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Oh. I see. You’ll need a Block Element still.

Just use a Block Element – Hook. Hook it to after_right_sidebar_content or before_right_sidebar_content.

You can also replace right with left.

This should allow you to inject widgets specific only to the pages you prefer them appearing.

Josh

but how do I stop the regular sidebar from showing up?

Fernando
    Customer Support

To clarify, do you want a different sidebar for your WooCommerce Archive page? If so a Block Element – Sidebar is the way to go. This, by default removes the default sidebar with all the widgets it has, and replaces it with the ones you’ll be adding in your Block Element.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.