[Support request] Icons of Fontawesome dissapears

Home Forums Support [Support request] Icons of Fontawesome dissapears

Home Forums Support Icons of Fontawesome dissapears

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Juan Carlos

Hi.

We are developing a website with Elementor, and we see that the fontawesome icons do not appear.

This problem is solved when we deactivate GP.

How can we solve the problem?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Juan,

the missing FA icons (in the Elementor Social Share widgets) have inherited the Font Awesome 5.0 free as their Font Family. Which Elementor doesn’t support. So it looks like a conflict between FA4 and FA5 being installed together. Can you try disabling whatever plugin is adding FA5 support please.

Let me know

Arturo Garcia

Hi David.

When I deactivate Elementor, the Fontawesome icons appear in the footer.

but when I have active GP and Elementor, the Fontawesome icons in Elementor do not work for me, and this is a problem…

I need both plugins active… I have developed many websites with these two plugins together and I have never had problems :/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just to expand on what David said:

You can see here that the font-family for the icon is Font Awesome 5 Free: https://www.screencast.com/t/QwRmAi3X3I

However, the site itself is loading Font Awesome 4.7: https://www.screencast.com/t/nr6CBch8qUM4

It looks like Font Awesome 5 is also being loaded. Maybe through a function or inside the wp_head hook? I don’t think Elementor is compatible with FA5, so that all.css file will need to be removed.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Arturo, are we talking about the same site that Juan has mentioned?

It looks like you’re loading the Font Awesome 5.0 stylesheet via one of GP’s hooks. Hence deactivating it removes the hook and the FA 5 icons being used in the footer.

Whilst FA 5 is installed you cannot use Elementor FA icons as they are the old 4.7 and (in particular) the social brand icons require a difference class name.

So the current solution is to replace the Social Icons in the footer with a FA 4.7 version.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Beat you by 30 seconds 😉 lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.