[Resolved] icons (font awesome) sometimes substituted with ugly little sqare

Home Forums Support [Resolved] icons (font awesome) sometimes substituted with ugly little sqare

Home Forums Support icons (font awesome) sometimes substituted with ugly little sqare

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Torsten

Hi together!
    I´m am a newbie to wordpress and juts building my first website.
    I have the problem, that sometimes, not always, the correct Icons of elements are not shown. Instead a little square icon appears. For instance, the arrows, navigating in the picture carousel (elementor) or the little mobile menu icon do not appear. Or the up-arrow to the top menu. I am not sure whats making the problems, maybe it is the theme (generatepress pro) or elementor or anything else…? Im using the newest versions of wordpress, elementor and generatepress.
    What I don´t unserstand..Are the icons loaded from a differnet site or are they stored on my wordpress-installation? If extern – ca this be changed?

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Totti

Torsten

I think, I have found the problem. Nothing to do with generatepress, but maybe helpfull for someone else:

I installed wordpress under mydomain.de/wordpress. Then I createdt a subdomain wordpress.mydomain.de. Everything works fine when I use wordpress.mydomain.de – except the fontawsome-icons. When I use mydomain.de/wordpress everything works. So I switched my wordpress-settings to the subdomain-adress and everything seems to work…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.