[Resolved] Icon for website

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Icon for website

Home Forums Support Icon for website

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mykola

Hi. I can’t set the icon for my site. Visited on a different themes all was well. Inserts this code in the head of the page <link rel=”icon” href=”http://www.vkolia.in.ua/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/favicon.png&#8221; type=”image/x-icon” />

<link rel=”shortcut icon” href=”http://www.vkolia.in.ua/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/favicon.png&#8221; type=”image/x-icon” />

What is the reason? What am I doing wrong?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Looks good to me – you may just need to empty your cache and wait a few minutes for the changes to take place.

Tom

wm1

Is this the easiest way to add a website icon – like the little black “GP” square on your website tab. How can I do this easily?
    Would like to do it without messing with code. But if this is only way, where do I access the page to insert this code? Tried custom favicon plugin – didn’t work – maybe that plugin is for something else.
    Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you’re using WordPress 4.3, you can go to “Appearance > Customize > Site Identity” to upload your site icon.

That should do it ๐Ÿ™‚

wm1

I don’t see a Site Identity option under Appearance > Customize… Is GP overriding that functionality? It says I am running 4.3 at bottom right of admin page. Not sure what to do.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is GP activated? Site Identity is added by GeneratePress, so if GP is activated, it should show up.

Also make sure you’re using the latest version of GP.

wm1

Actually found it under “Appearance > Customize > Header Content”.

Looks like Header Content contains this functionality instead of Site Identity on GP Theme, at least “Site Identity” wasn’t showing on my installation.

That worked, thanks for the clue. A little digging and I found it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome. In the latest version of GP it’s called Site Identity ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.