[Support request] I want a website like this.

Home Forums Support [Support request] I want a website like this.

Home Forums Support I want a website like this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tania

I just bought generatepress.

I want to create magazine style website for a company. It is not a blog.

I have no knowledge of making a website. This is going to be my first one. I have seen GP tutorials and I am wondering if you can suggest one of your sample website which could be modified into a magazine style wide width site. Do you think if I modify Pixie or Catalyst sample site, I can modify. I think I have seen Tom or Mikes’ tutorial on youtube making changed into pixie sample site.

Thanks a lot.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

may be the Read site would be a good starting point?

https://generatepress.com/site-library/#read

Tania

Yes, I have looked at it and it closely resembles what I want in my website. I love the huge width of pages and simple slider layout.

Only problem is would I be able to insert my company logo where it says READ in the sticky primary navigation, I know I can make the navigation sticky.

I do not want post categories on the home page and the right side bar. I also want to remove comments sections from whole READ sample website. How can I do that.Would I be able to remove these both from the home page?

I want only a paragraph on the left and a picture on the right, then another paragraph on the right and picture on the left. Like two columns on a page set up without any visible borders. for example I think, This whole page will be in one container.

I want same kind of arrangement on all 4/5 pages of my website.
    I am planning to register company in my domain name. It is going to be a tuition company for primary school kids. The purpose is to sell online and face to face tuition lessons.

I want primary sticky navigation like this (1)About ( that will be the landing page),(2) On line tuition (3) Primary Tuition (4) Holiday Tuition (5) Contact

In the footer, I will have terms and condition, privacy policy and a link to a blog page. I do not want blog page on the top in the primary navigation. Even then Blog page is not going to have any comments section. I have not organised content so I am not worried for blog page on the website right from the start. It can be added later.

Do I need to remove css code to remove post categories on the first landing page and right side bar from the first page?

I hope you got what I’m looking for.

I want to use generate blocks, I think I do not need wp posts.

I am not a techie however, I have seen your youtube tutorials and am familiar with basic terminology.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Only problem is would I be able to insert my company logo where it says READ in the sticky primary navigation, I know I can make the navigation sticky.

You will be able to modify everything in all templates in our site library.

Maybe the best way is to start making the website and we can help with one issue at a time as we go?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.