[Support request] I need some help, brand new here, how do I make my front page an image?

Home Forums Support [Support request] I need some help, brand new here, how do I make my front page an image?

Home Forums Support I need some help, brand new here, how do I make my front page an image?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dwight

Hi, just bought the premium GP and I’m muddling through, main problem I have right now is figuring out how to phrase the question.

Want my front page to be an image with text over it don’t know how to do that.

And, greatly increased the spacing on my footer widgits, they’re taking up half the page, can’t remember what setting I played with to do that.

Appreciate any help you can give me with either item.

Thanks,

Dwight

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I believe page header is what you are looking for: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-header-overview/

Have a look at the video.

You can follow the steps here to achieve it: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/merging-the-page-header-site-header/

This should help for footer widget padding: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/footer-padding/

Dwight

Appreciate the help, I’m at the “drinking from a fire hose stage” of learning right now. I don’t even know how to ask the questions I need answers to. Appreciate the patience.

I want the entire screen for the home page to be one image, if you can do that with page header, never saw it in the video.

The footing widget padding didn’t change anything at all. I cut out the widgets, still only have about a quarter of the screen covered with my image. Like I said don’t even know how to ask the questions.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

How are people supposed to navigate around your site if you only have an image for the home page without menu?

Not quite sure what you want with the footer widgets.

Examples of what you would like to achieve might help us get to the solution 🙂

Dwight

Ok, this is the problem I was referring to when I said I don’t even know how to ask the question.

I want the text and menu over the image. I’ve seen that in other GP websites, I’m too tired to look them up right now.

I did something to the footer widgets that’s made them much larger than before. Maybe a setting in typography? There’s a lot more space between the words and phrases than there was when I started. Been just playing around with settings and familiarizing myself with how GP works, I obviously changed a setting I can’t find again.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup then the page header and merging with site header article is what you are looking for.

Can you re-activate the footer widget again? It’s currently not showing.

Dwight

OK, thanks for your patience. Just reactivated the footers. OK, I’ll play with the page header article for awhile.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m really not seeing any obvious problems in footer widget.

Do you want to actually insert the desire content to replace the default content then we can have a look?

Dwight

OK, then it’s a setting somewhere else in the system. Footer wasn’t like that when I started. Don’t have content for the footers yet.

Let me poke around a little bit more and work with the page headers.

Thanks for your help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Check Customizer > Typography > Body > Line height

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.