[Resolved] I Need Help For Schema Data For My Sites

Home Forums Support [Resolved] I Need Help For Schema Data For My Sites

Home Forums Support I Need Help For Schema Data For My Sites

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Usman

Hello everyone, this is Usman.

I am using the Genesis theme already and want to move towards GeneratePress. I am facing an issue where I need assistance.

I use schema generators to make a custom code for each post; then I add it manually under each post as Genesis allows us to add any code. Now, I have a few questions:

– If I install the GP theme, should I backup my previously added schema codes?
    – What type of schema GP will create for future articles?
    – Should I add schema manually or GP will handle it? What schema will GP add?

Anyone, who can assist me with this?

Thanks in advance,
    Usman

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Yes, you should backup your schema.
    GP only adds basic schema to theme elements.
    You would need to add your own schema either using the GP Hook or via a plugin

Anne

I ran into a similar issue. However, I found out after the fact when I changed themes. What I did was create a new field called JSON using Advanced Custom Fields. I paste my schema there. And then I paste the contents in a custom HTML block at the end of the post. My guess is there is probably a way to pull that field into a template, but I’m not there yet.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Anne, thanks for your input.

If you have the JSON stored in a Custom Field, then you could use a Hook Element to output that post meta ( custom field ) into the wp_head hook. It would save having to add the custom HTML block to each post.

Usman

Thank you, everyone, I will do it and then respond if I face any further issues. Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.