- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by David.
July 25, 2020 at 3:05 pm #1376284Subarnamoy
I don’t know much about websites. So I was trying out all the settings in w3 total cache plugin. I was able to increase website loading speed from 6 seconds to 2 seconds, but I messed up the off-canvas panel which I was able to customize with the help of the support team. I tried different settings but I am unable to resolve this issue.
Customized settings BEFORE the installation of w3 total cache –
1) hamburger( with toggle label) option was on the right side of the navigation bar with padding on both sides of the hamburger option and toggle label. It was created with the help of a hook element and custom CSS.
Now, I somehow messed up whole off-canvas panel
1) Off-canvas pannel is showing below the footer
2) hamburger option is not visible, only toggle label is showing on the right side of the navigation bar
I don’t know why this happened. So will you be able to tell me some pointers about custom cache settings? I like to set the cache setting in a way that the custom CSS will not be affected.July 26, 2020 at 5:54 am #1376702DavidStaffCustomer Support
first thing to do is to disable the cache and see if it is the problem.
Once done so re-enable it and disable the Combine/Minimize CSS settings and see if that resolves the issue. If it does then let us know. And we can take a look at what can be done.July 26, 2020 at 7:21 am #1376771Subarnamoy
W3 total cache was creating the issue. I disabled all the CSS minify settings. Now the off-canvas panel is working properly.
In minify CSS settings I ENABLED the following commands –
1) CSS minify setting was enabled ( i disabled “combined only” option)
2) Preserved comment removal was enabled
3) Line break removal was enabled
4) HTTP/2 push was enabled
I like to increase website speed, so is it possible to set CSS in a way that I am able to retain the website speed without affecting the custom CSS?July 26, 2020 at 8:24 am #1376968DavidStaffCustomer Support
If it was only the Combine option that was the issue, have you tested the site speed with and without it enabled. If you’re server is running HTTP2.0 then you may notice it is quicker without the combined CSS.July 26, 2020 at 9:55 am #1377073Subarnamoy
okay, thank you very much for your assistance. Now the website speed is good.July 27, 2020 at 12:01 am #1377525
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.