[Support request] I just can’t get elements to display correctly

Home Forums Support [Support request] I just can’t get elements to display correctly

Home Forums Support I just can’t get elements to display correctly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Daniel

Hi, I’ve been messing around with blocks for the past two days and I just can’t get it to work or display as it displays in the back-end. Blocks will also often bug out the whole preview while switching between html and visual view (it’s just duplicating the code sometimes and messing things up), so I had to constantly roll back. To begin with I downloaded the Catalyst layout to see how this theme works. I have experience with WP and did design many websites in other visual plugins before so I have a general idea of this environment.

Here are examples of how it displays for me:

This is how it looks in back-end editor.

This is front end.

And this is same page with customizer open.

Customizer folded.

I even tried removing all Additional CSS in the customizer and doesn’t make a difference.
    All in all only theme content works properly. I bought the premium too.

Thank you for your answer,
    Daniel

Daniel

Just tried a brand new page and results are the same. Looks good in back-end, but front-end is totally copped up and as soon as I enter custumize it displays as it should.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Sounds like there could be a plugin conflict so try disabling all plugins except GP Premium.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Daniel

Hi, I’m currently using a test domain here: https://aj-graphicdesign.com.
    Very strange but I disabled all plugins which I only have 6 and when I enabled them back the site was displaying blocks correctly.

Another thing just to add to the same post is the button I’m trying to add to the front banner. I copied the html code but it just doesn’t display it on the banner correctly.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That link has maintenance mode turned on.

Can you turn it off for now?

Hugo

Daniel that’s exactly the same problem I have with my website. Looks incredible on the preview page and then all wrong on the live website.

Daniel

Sorry I think it enabled the maintenance after plugin re-activation. I edited the message above.

Daniel

Hugo, try disabling all plugins and activating them again one by one and refresh the page to see if any of them messes up the code. I think in my case it was something with CSS/JS minifying but it was in cache or something.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Hugo

I will try that. I disabled WP Rocket but that didn’t seem to help.

Daniel

I already did that Leo and it seems to be working properly now, but I still can’t place a button on my head banner. That wasn’t working even with plugins disabled.

Hugo

Leo all good here. I just need to activate my plugins one by one and find out what is the problem.

Cheers Daniel. I hope you fixe yours.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Daniel:

Are you referring to this part here?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/96wLIZXw

Daniel

Yes Leo, this is the button. I generated the code in the block editor/page builder and copied the html in header Elements section.

No problem Hugo, glad you could solve it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I generated the code in the block editor/page builder and copied the html in header Elements section.

That won’t work unfortunately.

What you could do is to create the whole page hero part with GB as the first section in the content, then create a page hero to merge only:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/transparent-header-and-navigation/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.