[Resolved] I get an error when trying to install W3 Total Cache

Home Forums Support [Resolved] I get an error when trying to install W3 Total Cache

Home Forums Support I get an error when trying to install W3 Total Cache

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ilse Turnbull

I get this error when I try to install W3 Total Cache. I installed it on 2 other websites with no issues, so not sure why this one is causing me problems
    This is the message:
    ###

FTP credentials don’t allow to write to file /home/(name taken out)/public_html/(name taken out) /wp-config.php

W3 Total Cache Error: Files and directories could not be automatically created to complete the installation.

Please execute commands manually
    or use FTP form to allow W3 Total Cache make it automatically.

###

It says to add these lines
    /** Enable W3 Total Cache */
    define(‘WP_CACHE’, true); // Added by W3 Total Cache

###

I can find the config file, but it says if I do anything wrong I’ll wreck the site. Not excited to give that a shot. Is there some permission I can turn on or off to let the plugin install completely by itself?

If I absolutely must add those lines myself, where am I adding them? beginning, end..???

Please tell me there is an easier, safer, way to do this.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you checked with the support of W3 Total cache on this?

I know lots of users use this plugin with GP so it shouldn’t be a theme problem.

Ilse Turnbull

Didn’t think of that. I’ll do that now, thanks

Ilse Turnbull

I had file writing permissions turned off. I turned it back on (or unchecked it) installed W3, it installed fine. I configured it and then turned writing permissions back off again. Seems to be working.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.